Owning your own plastic water jugs is a very cost-effective way to meet the need of purified water in your home, etc. Whether they’re functional in everyday use or part of your emergency kit, it’s important that your water stay clean; therefore, the container must also be clean. The challenge in cleaning plastic water jugs is that the opening is too narrow to get your hands into. With the proper know-how and materials, cleaning plastic jugs is not difficult.
Things You’ll Need:
1. White vinegar
2. Dish soap
3. Water Source
4. Clean, dry towel
1. Rinse out the container with clean, warm-to-hot water to remove any residue inside.
2. Fill the container ¼ to ½ full of hot, soapy water and add 1 cup of white vinegar.
3. Move the bottle around gently to swish the solution all over the inside of the jug.
4. Empty the jug and rinse several times with warm water, making sure that the water from the jug runs clean with no residual soap.
5. Set the jug upside down on a clean towel to drain any residual moisture.